I don’t know what it is about banana bread but all I can tell you is that I just love the stuff . Well last week , I had this huge craving for a slice but didn’t necessarily feel up to taking a drive to the local restaurant where I am always tempted to grab a couple slices of their oh-so delicious banana bread . Then the thought popped in my head to just make some of my own. I actually never attempted to make banana bread before and had no idea that it was so easy to make until my friend Prin shared this easy recipe with. I had some ripe bananas left over so I gave it a try.
I was excited about giving it a whirl and was very pleased with the end result. I could have sat down and devoured the entire loaf with a single glass of milk (but of course I didn’t really do that).
To make this recipe extra special, serve it with honey and whipped cream.
You can serve it for breakfast, as a tea-time snack or even as dessert. It could also make a nice gift for family and friends with the upcoming holidays approaching. But regardless of the occasion, it is a great anytime treat and all I know is that I could not wait to sink my teeth into this!
Later on, I just might tell you how many slices I really devoured but for now I’ll just leave you guessing. So there you have it. My first try at making Banana Bread. Doesn’t that look good!
- 4 to 5 large pieces Ripe Bananas
- 1 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Fresh Milk
- 2 pieces Whole Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Honey
- Pre-heat the oven at 350⁰F.
- Grease and line 1 8”x4” loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas well.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add in the white sugar, then the eggs, the milk and finally the oil. Make sure that the ingredients are mixed well before adding the next ingredient.
- Put the mixture into the prepared pan; then bake for 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick at the center comes out clean.
- While baking the bread, prepare the whipped cream. In a bowl, combine the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla; whisk until it form stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Cool for about 15 minutes and serve with whipped cream and honey. Enjoy!