The last thing you want for your kid(s) is for them to be stranded somewhere with a dead phone and a flat tire without the tools to get home.? Make sure they have adequate safety products in their car at all times.
Must Have Safety Products for Your Teens Car
Car emergency kits should be inside every vehicle. They should include cable ties, a flashlight, batteries, road flares, a lighter, duct tape, a bungee cord, gloves, a screwdriver, and a road safety guide.
- Tire gauges are good to keep in the car.
- A spare tire should also be kept in the car at all times, as well as a jack and a lug wrench that fit the car.
- It may be a good idea to keep a basic first aid kit in your car.
- Things like a spare portable phone charger, toilet paper, bottled water, and snack food with a long shelf life are handy in the case of being stranded in the car.
- For high-crime areas, you may want to consider investing into a steering wheel lock.
- A GPS.? Whether your child uses an iPhone app, or a Garmin, a GPS can be a lifesaver in the event they are lost in an unfamiliar part of town.
- Cash.? Having an emergency cash stash in their car comes in handy just in case, especially when driving long distances. Can you trust your kids not to spend it? ?Maybe, maybe not. You can always hide it near , somewhere in the car and label it ?just in case?.
Being prepared can save time, money and even lives. Whilst you can?t put a price on safety, you can ensure your kids are covered to deal with the most common emergencies.
This post is in partnership with Bosak Motor Sales . If you’re in the market for a new or pre-owned vehicle for your teen feel free to stop by to see their selection of vehicles.