In a world filled with violence, anger, and selfishness, we all need more kindness and love. I love how I feel when I’ve done something kind. It makes me feel great knowing I made someone’s day by doing something kind. It doesn’t have to be extravagant or flashy. Simple acts of kindness make a huge difference in someone’s life. Finding ways to do kind acts with your family teaches your kids what the human race should be more like. It teaches that lives matter, no matter who it is. It teaches that having ?things? is insignificant when you can change someone’s life with one simple act.
Ideas for family random acts of kindness are limitless. Here are a few ideas.
Random Acts of Kindness for Single Parents
- Offer to take the kids to the park while mom or dad runs errands.
- Have your family make and take a meal to a home with a single parent.
- Take your family shopping for the single parent family on special occasions.
- Offer your family to clean the house.
- Give a grocery store gift card.
- Make a pampering gift bag with bath and body items.
Random Acts of Kindness for Public Health and Safety Workers
- Make a survival kit for police officers and deliver it either secretly or in person.
- Take goody bags to the local police station, fire station, or emergency room.
- Bake some goodies and take them to the local nursing home workers.
- Write thank you notes to those who protect your community.
- Take toys, books, and games for kids in a hospital waiting room.
Random Acts of Kindness for the Elderly
- Put together a basket with puzzles, word search books, decks of cards, bags of candy, lip balm, body lotion, pens, stationary, stamped envelopes, socks, and other useful items the elderly can use.
- Become pen pals with residents of a nursing home.
- Hold the door, give up your seat on a bus, or go grocery shopping for someone.
- If the kids are old enough, have them mow the lawns of elderly neighbors for free.
Random Acts of Kindness for the Homeless
- Make and deliver no sew blankets to a homeless shelter or to someone living on the streets.
- Purchase and give gift cards to the homeless.
- Create Care Packages with socks, deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrush, comb or brush, band aids, beef jerky, sunscreen, bottled water, snacks, bar of soap, gloves, umbrella, and anything else you can think of that would help keep the homeless warm, clean, and fed.
Random Acts of Kindness for Anyone
- Hide dollar bills among merchandise in a store. You can add a note if you’d like.
- Hide coupons among merchandise.
- Make a ?Get Well Basket? for someone in the hospital.
- Take your kids to the park and do a burried treasure for the kids who will be playing in the sandbox.
- Make kindness rocks and drop them off in random public places.
- Have your family put quarters into baggies and take them to the laundry mat, vending machines, and parking meters.
- Take someone’s shopping cart back to the store for them when they get to their car and unload it.
What are some ideas your family can come up with?