This is a guest post by Hanan of Lilac City Mom
Our family loves all kinds of muffins, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, Banana Muffins, and especially Blueberry Muffins. We tend to make them usually once a week for breakfast.
So, normally when I buy a package of blueberries, I reach for my Blueberry Muffin recipe. However, this time, I wanted to try something new, as I usually do. So I decided to make a Blueberry Breakfast Cake.
I love how moist the inside of the cake is, yet the top is nice and crunchy.
This is definitely going in my recipe book.
Blueberry Breakfast Cake
Adapted from Alexandra Cooks
? cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar & 1 teaspoon sugar*
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
? cup milk
*for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat the oven to 350?F.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Toss the blueberries with ? cup of the flour. In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the milk. Lastly, fold in the blueberries.
4. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan (or similar) with butter or coat with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with the teaspoon of sugar. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Check with a toothpick to make sure it’s cooked all the way through. Let cool before serving.
When she is not chasing after her three adorable girls, Hanan loves to share recipes like this one on her blog Lilac City Momma. You can also catch her talking about the up?s and down?s of parenting over on Facebook and Twitter.