You?ve had a busy week, and you?ve worked hard. You deserve a weekend of rest and recreation, but your bank account doesn?t allow much room for that.? ? Try some of these ideas for a weekend that requires little to no money.
- Make a list of all your favorite movies, pop some popcorn, and get comfy while you binge watch as many movies as you want.
- Camp out in the living room. This is fun with or without kids.
- Have the knack for creating things? Start a new craft or do-it-yourself project.
- Get some friends together and have a friendly competition of whatever you choose. Maybe it?s a sport. Maybe it?s a scavenger hunt. Be creative.
- Try your hand at a craft class. Check out your local hobby and craft store to see what?s being offered.
- Learn a new dance move from Youtube. Teach it to someone else.
- Have a game night at your house and invite your friends to bring their favorite games to play.
- Try some new recipes. Find a new dessert or main dish.
- Head to your local library and find something that interests you whether it be a book, a book club, a free class or book club.
- Have a picnic. You can have a picnic just about anywhere.
- Go to a favorite place or find a new one to take photos. Share them on your favorite social site.
- Decorate a room. Maybe it?s re-decorating a room, starting from the beginning, or maybe it?s just adding finishing touches.
- Visit a relative. Spend the weekend together.
- Jump in the car and go on a short road trip to a familiar or a new place and experience something you?ve never done.
- Invite a friend you haven?t seen lately to lunch and reminisce about the good ole? days.
- Check out a new coffee shop.
- Go bowling. Gather your friends together for a good time.
- Go for a hike or a long walk.
- Try Geocaching. Take a look at this free website for more information.
- Find a great book that you can?t put down and snuggle under a blanket to read. Don?t forget your favorite drink and snack.
- Host a themed party or your choice and have guests bring something. You could even ?assign? them something to bring that matches the theme you?ve planned.
- Go birdwatching or watch other wildlife.
- Watch the sunset or sunrise. Find a good spot where you have no obstruction to your view.
- Have a Random Acts of Kindness Weekend where you do several kind activities for others.
- Do a genealogy search of your family. There are several websites that help with that and you can find information or groups that do genealogy searches at the library.
- Organize your digital photos and videos. Create a picture book.
- Volunteer somewhere. Choose a place that you know you can do a good job of serving others.
- Go camping for free. Find one with this free campsite website.
- Mentor a teen. Many teens today could use a good role model in their lives. Check out your local resources for more information.
Having a great weekend doesn?t have to cost much. Enjoy your time off doing something inexpensive or free.