In honor of Father’s Day, Restaurant.com is asking people to share their own ways dads can save by submitting descriptions to its Facebook page. They are also running exclusive sales on top of $25 gift certificates that are normally available for $10, to help dads everywhere experience more savings for dining. Restaurant.com offers more than 29,000 gift certificate options, available “24/7,” for 15,000 restaurants nationwide. Visit www.Restaurant.com and join the free email list to receive notices about sale promotions.
When it comes to saving money, most fathers “think” they know best. This Father’s Day, Restaurant.com has identified some extreme ways fathers suggest getting more value for less cost.
In a recent survey of it’s staff, Restaurant.com gathered some great stories about their own dads’ savings advice. Take a look at some of the very creative ways some dads are saving it up. Maybe some of these might ring a bell.
“You Know Your Father is a ‘Super Saver’ When…”:
- He considers an open window to be the only form of air conditioning. No need to waste expensive energy on the AC when you have perfectly good windows! It could be 110 degrees and he’ll argue that if you stand still enough, you’ll feel a cool breeze.
- He turns his socks inside out for maximum use. He believes that a sock has two perfectly good sides. Instead of throwing every pair into the wash, he will conserve detergent by reversing them after use for some smelly savings.
- He considers a sprinkler in the yard the same thing as a trip to a water park. No need to spend gas money and admission fees when he can set up his own water wonderland in the backyard for the kids on a hot day. Plus, the lawn appreciates the drink!
- He brings a plastic bag to an “all-you-can-eat” buffet. He takes the invitation to eat “all-you-can” very seriously and always makes sure he brings a few rolls and a couple of cookies home in the plastic bag he has folded in his wallet.
- He gives pieces of wisdom instead of cash for a weekly allowance. After Junior finishes mowing the lawn, instead of getting a few bucks as a reward, dad will give him some words of advice–something far more useful than pocket change.
- He believes that cars are like wine and only get better with age. Dad recently passed the 200,000 mile milestone with good ole’ Betsy. He refuses to remove the tape deck, so he has been listening to his “economical” mix since 1989.
- He views all major purchases as negotiable. Take a refrigerator purchase for example. Dad not only compares prices across the Internet but also knows the manufacturer’s suggested retail and wholesale costs for more “bargaining power.”
- He uses “range balls” on the real golf course. He has worked on his golf game for years and is tired of losing new golf balls. A bucket of golf balls from the driving range goes a long way and eliminates any worries about hazards.
- He only uses conditioner when available within shampoo. He appreciates generic brands and purchases the largest possible size, which requires extra shelf space. He can make the supply last for the better part of a year by adding water.
- He only attends matinee movies. Forget about movie going in the evening. Movies always come before dinner as dad cuts ticket prices in half by catching films before taking advantage of discounts and specials when dining out.
Thanks to Restaurant.com, 4 lucky Cocktails With Mom readers will each win a $50 Restaurant.com gift certificate!! With Father’s Day just around the corner, this is a great way to show dad just how special he is by treating him to a great dinner.
Like Restaurant.com onFacebook. Be sure to let them know I sent you.
- Subscribe to Cocktails With Mom
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar)
- Like Cocktails With Mom on Facebook
- Enter the Kraft Gift Basket Giveaway
- Blog about this giveaway then leave me the link! ( 3 entries)
- Add our text link or button to your blogroll (3 entries)
- Follow Cocktails With Mom and Restaurant_com on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway! ( once Daily)
Enter for you chance to win one of 4 $50 Restaurant.com Gift Cards http://bit.ly/bwZrcC @momcoktails @Restaurant_com ends June 29th.
You MUST leave your email address in one of the comments or have it in your profile so I can get in touch with you.
Contest ends, June 29, 2010 at 11:59pm CST. Winner will be chosen via Random.org. Winner has 48 hours to respond to my notification email, or a new winner will be chosen. Please note: that the winner of this giveaway will receive gift certificates after Father’s Day.
Disclosure: For the purpse of hosting this giveaway, I will be provided a gift card from restaurant.com .