Summer is fast approaching and I’m so thrilled. This is the time when most of my old friends and I get together with our kids. We will go around to everybody’s house and have our fair share of picnics.
This year, I want to bring something with a fresh flavor that gives a kick. I want to bring a dish that is healthy but not boring. Looking through my bag of tricks (a.k.a. as stash of recipes), I realized that it’s not really the dish but sometimes it’s just what you add to it that transforms your dish from boring into WOW! I’m planning to add no less than pineapple.
To make sure that I get the best possible pineapple on the planet that has the sudden burst of juice and is irresistibly sweet, I will place my bet on Dole Canned Pineapple. Whether I need the pineapple in round slices, chunks, tidbits, or in crushed form, I am confident that Dole will be giving me all natural fruit that is packed with vitamin C.
Sometimes getting together with friends mean that we can get a little bit excited that we sometimes forget the kids. Ooops, yeah, I sometimes forget to check if they’ve eaten properly or not. The kids are distracted as well so eating is not on their agenda either.
This is when I appreciate complete dishes. I like those dishes where you have your vegetable, protein, fruits, basically everything you need. As long as they have that on their plate, I’m assured that they have at least eaten well. Carbs? Well, I’ll let the desserts take care of that.
I need the “Hula” from Dole Pineapple which gives the sweet and exotic taste of the islands. It can only mean excitement and fun to my recipes and snacks. This is definitely the right time for me to claim my Dole Canned Pineapple coupon. I am going to make sure my kids and the rest of my friends would want to hula after tasting my Grilled Chicken Salad with Pineapple, inspired from a Yummly recipe with a twist.
- 1 cup honey garlic sauce, set aside a little more for grilling
- 1 ½ lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into thick strips
- 7 ozs mixed greens
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced
- 14 ozs Dole canned pineapple chunks drained
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- cooking spray for grilling
- asian style dressing
- Marinate chicken in the honey garlic sauce for 1 hour.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray, heat grill, and grill chicken over medium heat. It will take about 7 minutes for the chicken to be cooked thoroughly.
- Arrange the mixed greens, onions, and pineapples in the salad bowl. You may serve the dressing, the slivered almonds, sesame seeds, and the chicken on separate plates
If you would want the salad to be wiped out faster, toss the salad with the dressing and almonds right before everyone gets their food and then divide the chicken according to the number of people eating. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before eating. This recipe serves 4 people so modify freely, according to your needs.