When I was a kid I must have moved around 1,000 times, at least. In all seriousness, moving can be a real drag and it?s hard on the whole family. I have never moved since having kids, but I can tell you that when I was a kid moving was not fun at all. I just wanted to pass along some tips to help you have a better moving experience, after all I have had my share of moving.
The best advice I can give you when it comes to packing is to just start doing it. Some folks put it off until they can no longer stand it. Procrastinating only adds to the stress of your move and it?s better to get started as soon as you can.
Ask for Help
Many of you with little kids try and do all the packing on your own. Ask for a little help when it comes to packing up your entire house for a move. Have someone watch your children for a while as you pack. Invite other kids over to play while you pack. It helps to make sure your kids are a little occupied.
Throw a Packing Party
If you feed them, they will come. Throw a packing party and invite as many people as you can over to help you pack. Make sure you do not mix too much chaos into the packing though.
Hire Someone Else
We all know we can hire someone else to do the work for us. You can hire a moving company to come in and pack your boxes up.? I stumbled across this website called CableMover.com and it is full of wonderful resources to help you move. While on this website, you can great cable, Internet and TV offers for your new home. You can also find a moving quote and get expert moving tips. Yeah, it sounds too good to be true, but it?s not! J
Cablemover.com is offering 1 Cocktails with Mom reader a $25 Visa gift card .
Share with us what do you dread most about moving?
Optional Extra Entries
Required entry must be completed before extra entries qualify. Leave an additional comment for the value of each extra entry.? Also please be sure to leave your email address with the first entry.
- Like Cocktails with Mom on Facebook and share this giveaway with your friends? 1 entry
- Subscribe to Cocktails with Mom via?email/rss (2 Entries, please leave 2 comments: Please remember to confirm your subscription)
- Grab my Button and post it on your blog ? 5 entries
- Follow @MomCocktails? and? Twitter and tweet about this giveaway? 2 entries:?
Moving? Let Cablemover.com help. #Win $25 Visa gift card #giveaway @MomCocktails http://tinyurl.com/7arm4go ends 6/27
- Comment on any non-giveaway post on Cocktails with Mom. (just tell me what post you commented on)? 1 entry
- List this giveaway on any giveaway site, forum or Facebook.? (just tell me where you posted) ? 2 entries per site
- Blog about this giveaway w/ a link to the giveaway- (Leave me a link to your blog post)-5 entries
Open to US only
Make sure to include email address with first entry
Winner will be chosen by random
Giveaway ends 6/27/11 at 11:59 CST
Winner will be emailed and must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be selected.
Disclosure: CableMover.com provided the prize for your consideration, as well as any prize provided as part of the promotion. My opinions are my own***