How often you hide in your room and leave out all the important stuff for a little blemish on your skin? Pimples result when excess oil or dirt gets trapped in our pores. Usually, around the facial area, though these pustules do also occur on other areas of the skin as well.
Not only is a pimple unattractive, but it can also be painful and irritating. Besides being caused by excess oil or dirt, changes in hormones can also cause pimples to arise. Some pimples form a white head on the tip. It may seem tempting and natural to just pop it and/or rub it, but this is one thing you do not want really want to do.
The result of rubbing and popping it may be a scar that will not go away. There are several over-the-counter creams and ointments one can purchase to help get the pimple to fade away. However, the best way to treat a pimple is by using natural resources.
First off, if you have oily skin, this will only aggravate your pimple more and cause you to break out with more of them. One natural way to remove oil from your skin is by using lemon juice with a touch of organic witch-hazel.
You can usually get this from a Vitamin Shoppe or local grocer. Once you bathe your face with this mixture, be sure to pat your skin dry with a soft towel. Do Not Rub!
Use an all natural scrub to help exfoliate (getting rid of dead skin cells) your skin.
- If you have a pimple scar, try using 2 teaspoons of distilled or purified water mixed with 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix this into a solution and then gently massage it onto the scar for about a minute then rinse with lukewarm water. This should help the scar fade away.
- Some chemical solutions may cause more reddening and irritation and possible scaring especially if you have sensitive skin. If none of the Natural remedies seem to work, be sure to consult your doctor. Be sure to always use a clean towel, pat dry, and use lukewarm water, never hot.
- Another way to help with this would be to fill a water basin with warm water and hold your face over it for about two minutes. Remember not to use hot water. After steaming, place a cold pack of ice cubes on your pores. This will help tighten them and help prevent pimples.
- Be sure to drink more tea. Believe it or not, tea has antioxidant properties that are purifying and very effective in healing the skin. Drinking more tea has been proven to reduce the amount of pimples one may get. It is best to drink about 2-3 cups a day. The best type of tea to drink would be chamomile or red tea.
- Another take on this is to add 1 tablespoon each of with witch hazel, lemon juice, brewed green tea and ¼ cup of baking soda. Mix this together and wash your face twice a day.