Now that the Christmas holiday season in upon us, it’s time to get into the holiday spirit and to start decorating! If you’ve decided to buy a live Christmas tree this year, you’ll want to make transporting your tree as smooth as possible. With that said, I have put together seven helpful tips on how to transport it from the lot to your living room.
Tips for transporting Your Christmas tree Easily
1. Be sure to bring gloves to protect your hands from sharp pine needles and tree sap.
2. Wrap it up. Wrap a net around your Christmas tree to keep it protected from the wind.
3. Place a protective barrier, like an old blanket or a tarp on the roof of your automobile or the bed of your truck to protect the vehicles paint.
4. Strap the tree to the top of the roof with the trunk facing towards the front of your vehicle. Alternatively, you can place the tree in the truck bed with the trunk again facing toward the cabin/front of the truck. This position will help make the tree more streamlined while driving.
5. Knowing how to tie a Christmas tree to the roof of your car would be helpful. This video here will walk you through the steps
6.Try avoiding placing your tree inside your car, van, or SUV, or you will find pine needles in every nook and cranny of your vehicle for a long time to come.
7. And finally, you will want to drive like you have a tree strapped to the top of your vehicle. Drive at a decent speed. Carefully, slowly, and steadily, or you may cause damage to the tree or even worse your vehicle. Plus, your vehicle’s center of gravity will shift, causing your vehicle to move differently.
Looking to upgrade your vehicle soon, head over to Reedman Toll CHJR of Springfield for more details and to browse their huge selections of models.