MEET Jawbone Icon….The newest addition to the Aliph Jawbone line of Bluetooth Headsets.
Originally developed for use in tanks and helicopters, Jawbone ICON’s NoiseAssassin is a proprietary technology that eliminates background noise from mobile phone conversations. Jawbone is the only Bluetooth headset with a Voice Activity Sensor (VAS) that actually feels your speech, which helps Jawbone distinguish your voice from background noise. As a result, Jawbone offers better audio quality than any other headset on the market.
I just recently got the chance to test out the Jawbone Icon and I love it! As a mom, I’m sure you all can relate to needing an extra pair of hands. With a hundred and one things to do each day, it seems as though my hands are always full. I found my Jawbone to come in real handy when I’m multi-tasking. Then there are those times when my sister calls right when I’m into something and starts that all so important conversation the just cannot wait! I’m now able to talk to her and continue my daily chores without having to stop. Oh! and that crook in my neck that I’m used to getting from holding the phone in an awkward position is no more. I find myself wearing it around the house lounging, working, or taking a step outside. At time’s I even forget I have it in. Seriously, it’s just that comfortable.
The Icon comes in 6 very cute and stylish styles. You should have no problem choosing one that fits your style. Besides the fact that it is adorably cute, I find it really easy to use. I was literally using it within minutes. I tested it out on my sis and she could not tell I was talking to her on a Bluetooth. I also had the boys make a little extra noise just to see how much background noise it would pick up. Surprisingly, she didn’t notice any of the extra chaos that was going on. I really like my Icon but to be fair I thought I’d share with you some pros and cons.
- It’s Fashionable – Haven’t you noticed I’m a true Fashionista!!!
- You get Options – Everyone is unique— you get to choose your best fit option
- Blocks out background noice-The NoiseAssasin ROCKS!
- Comfortable – Comfort means a lot to this Momma!
- Cool customizing options via MyTalk (beta) website.
- Jawbone Talks to You-audio tones whisper important information like remaining battery life and caller ID into your ear.
- No volume control on earpiece – I’m a control freak. OK, so it does adjusts itself but like I said earlier, I like options
- Only one ear loop in the package- I lose things(lol) I would like to have a back-up
Update: Great news! I just learned that there’s a way for me to adjust the volume on my ICON by updating my ICON with the Mytalk software and A2DP. Even better, I can also listen to music now!
In summary, I like my Jawbone Icon and I have found myself wearing it often. It’s stylish and makes a statement. I’ve even got second looks while out in public. I just keep walking and say yeah! I know you want it!
How would you like to win your very own Jawbone Icon?
One lucky Cocktails With Mom reader will win their very own Jawbone Icon (Arv $99)
Winning a Jawbone “ICON” is like gaining an extra hand. Share with us how would you use an extra hand?”
- Subscribe to Cocktails With Mom
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar)
- Fan Jawbone on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway then leave me the link! ( 3 entries)
- Add our text link or button to your blogroll (3 entries)
- Enter another one of my giveaways ( 1 entry each)
- Follow Cocktails With Mom and @JawboneEarwear on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway! ( once Daily)
Win a Jawbone “ICON” from @JawboneEarwear hosted by @Momcocktails http://tinyurl.com/2exllhl ends 5/17
Please leave a separate comment for each thing you do to ensure you get all possible entries! You MUST leave your email address in one of the comments or have it in your profile so I can get in touch with you.
Contest ends, May 17, 2010 at 11:59pm CST. Winner will be chosen via Random.org. Winner has 48 hours to respond to my notification email, or a new winner will be chosen in the
Thanks to Jawbone for sponsoring this review and giveaway and provinding me with an ICON bluetooth to reveiw. No other form of compensation was received and the views are 100% mine.
Open to US Residents only