For many, holiday travel can be lots of fun, and can create memories to last a lifetime. Whether it’s packing up the kids and traveling a distance, or just scheduling more trips to the grocery store and shopping malls, we really come to depend on our vehicles.
So before you hit the road this holiday season, a little preparation can help make your holiday car trip safer and more pleasurable.
- According to the Shell Mechanics Survey*, the four best tactics to prepare your vehicle for the upcoming holiday travel season are:
- Inspect tires for air pressure, tread depth, rotation, etc.
- Check all fluid levels
- Fill up with a high quality fuel
- Check / change engine oil and oil filers
*The Shell Mechanics Survey was a 7-minute online survey conducted by StrategyOne. The survey was fielded from March 30 – April 2, 2012 and sampled 450 automotive mechanics across the United States. The margin of error is +/- 4.62% at 95% confidence.
When it comes to fueling up our vehicle, my husband and I are very particular about the type of gas we fuel up on. Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines contain 20% more active cleaning agents than before, helping protect engine’s intake valves and fuel injectors from performance-robbing gunk. Tests prove that the new Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines clean up deposits left behind by lower quality gasoline. No other gasoline protects better!
For many families, traveling by car can be more economical, fun and flexible than flying.
-According to the Car Care Council, a family of four traveling 1,000 miles round trip could save $1,000 by driving instead of flying
- The average cost for a family of four to drive 1,000 mile round trip is $350
- The average cost for a family of four to fly 1,000 mile round trip is $1,441
Now that you have some tips to get you ready for the road, Shell wants to help 1 Cocktails with Mom reader make the most of their getaway and to help ease the financial burden of your holiday travels by offering one lucky reader $200 in Shell Gas Cards!
WIN A $200 SHELL GAS GIFT CARD!
Tell me where you plan to drive this holiday season.
Required entry must be completed before extra entries qualify. Leave an additional comment for the value of each extra entry. Also please be sure to leave your email address with the first entry.
- Like Cocktails with Mom on Facebook
- Like Shell on Facebook
- Subscribe to Cocktails with Mom via Email/RSS– leave the name you subscribe under and add an entry as a comment below!
- Grab my Button and post it on your blog – 2 entries
- Follow @MomCocktails on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway– 1 entry (Can be done daily)
Enter to #win a $200 gas card from @Shell_US & @momcocktails #giveaway #contest http://tinyurl.com/bf97zr6
- Follow Me on Pinterest
- Comment on any non-giveaway post on Cocktails with Mom. (just tell me what post you commented on)- 1 entry
- FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post.
Open to US only
Make sure to include email address with first entry
Winner will be chosen by random
Giveaway ends 12/21/12 at 11:59 CST
Winner will be emailed and must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be selected.
Be Sociable: Connect With Shell:
Disclosure: ~ I received a gas card from Shell in exchange for sharing this information and hostingthis giveaway. All opinions are my own.