I am working with Fisher to share recipes and create my own original recipe using Fisher Nuts and tools they provided. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
With summer coming to an end, I can’t help but think about the holidays that are right around the corner. I mean, how can I not when stores are already advertising for Halloween?? While I love summertime and sunshine, I also love fall leaves, brisk mornings, and the anticipation of the upcoming holidays. Even though we still have a few months until the holidays are upon us, there is no such thing as being too prepared. So when Fisher nuts sent me two pounds of assorted nuts, I couldn’t help but want to make one of my favorite holiday snacks: candied nuts.
These candied nuts are super simple and yet highly addictive. I’m not a huge nut person, but have found myself polishing off this entire recipe in a matter of days. This recipe will win over even the non-nut lovers, so it is a perfect gift for just about everyone (except those with nut allergies, of course)! While this is the perfect holiday treat for your family or small gift for friends, coworkers, and neighbors, you certainly don’t have to wait until the holidays to make them. Go ahead and grab yourself a few bags of your favorite Fisher nuts and whip up this recipe; just be sure you practice your self control before hand!
2 egg whites
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
2 pounds Fisher mixed nuts (I used pecan halves, walnuts, and almond slices)
Preheat oven 300 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Add the brown sugar, spices, and vanilla extract. Whisk ingredients together until well combined. Fold in the nuts and mix until evenly coated.
Pour the nuts onto prepared cookie sheet. Baked for 30 minutes, stirring nuts every 10 minutes to make sure they bake evenly. Nuts will be dry and bottoms are golden brown when they are done. ?Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store nuts in airtight container.
One lucky reader will win a Fisher Nuts prize pack which includes Fisher sliced almonds, Fisher pecan halves, Fisher walnut halves and a $75 Visa gift card.
HOW TO WIN!!
MAIN ENTRY: In the comments below, leave me a comment letting me know what dish you would make if you won the prize pack!
EXTRA ENTRIES:? To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry above. Please note the changes to the entries and frequency, entries that don?t follow rules may be disregarded/ignored/deleted.
- LIKE Cocktails with Mom on Facebook or FOLLOW me on Pinterest.? ( 1 entry each)
- SHARE and LIKE this giveaway on your social networks such as Facebook , Google +, Pinterest, Stumble Upon or Other (let me know where you shared)
- COMMENT on any of my Non Giveaway Posts (1 per day)?let us know where to find it
- FOLLOW me on Bloglovin.
- SUBSCRIBE to my email subscription? (no reader) (2 entries)
- PIN this Post ( 2 entries)
- ENTER any of my other current Giveaways? leave a comment for each
- LIKE?Fisher Nuts on Facebook
- FOLLOW CWM and Fisher Nuts on twitter. Tweet about this giveaway (You can do this 2x daily! Must be at least 2 hrs apart)(1 entry each) RT this post or use the tweet below:
Put a twist on your summer recipes. #Win a $75 gift card & an assortment of #FisherNuts @MomCocktails #giveaway http://bit.ly/15TVeaJ ends 9/24
- BLOG about this giveaway with a link back to here. 5 entries (MUST include at least 30 words!? please include the link directly post and not to your front page)
Open to US only
Winner will be chosen by random
Giveaway ends 9/24/13 at 11:59 CST
Winner will be emailed and must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be selected.
Your entries must follow the rules or they won?t be eligible for prizes.