This past weekend, I returned from yet another wonderful family vacation with my family. I appreciate wholeheartedly any opportunity to spend time with my family and create wonderful memories. This time was no different , but yet different—let me explain. The difference, this time, is that my boys have grown up. They are no longer the toddlers who roamed around endlessly tiring themselves out. They are now very handsome teenage and pre-teen boys. Looking at them made me realize just how fast time goes by.
This trip made me stop for a moment and truly appreciate life and what I have in front of me. All the beautiful things and all the ups and downs that come along with it.
When we returned on Sunday afternoon, I headed outside to sit on my favorite bench listening to soft music enjoying the summer colors of our yard. I realized , we often get caught up in the little things that don’t matter and fail to pay attention to the people and things that matter the most. We basically stop enjoying the journey.
Everyone has a journey full of lessons and reasons to be happy. I often feel like I am running a race rather than enjoying the ride. But today, this will change. I am making a list of things to help me enjoy the balance of my journey. I would encourage you to do the same.
When Wente Vineyards reached out to me about their For the Love the Journey initiative, I jumped at the opportunity to collaborate with them. Not only do I believe in their story, I’m a fan of their brand and wines.
Here are some things I will do starting today to enjoy my journey more and more each day:
- I will make sure to have fun. I will smile. I will laugh. I will tell jokes. I will go for afternoon walks more often. I will cuddle more with my husband. I will have more pillow fights with the boys. I will do more of nothing when I don’t feel like doing nothing.
- I will continue to place a priority on spending time with family and friends, enjoying the activities that we can do together.
- I will enjoy God’s gifts of nature. A walk in the park, the birds chirping, the flowers blooming. I will take at least 15 minutes a day to remind me to slow down and “smell the roses.”
- I will control my reactions and appreciate others for who they are. I will let others win the battles that don’t matter. It’s just not worth getting worked up over things.
- I will recharge my batteries sooner and more often. As a mother, a wife, and a business woman, I keep going till I can’t anymore. But I know that I should take time off, let my body relax and reward myself with breaks.
- I will be happy with where I am at any given time and live in the present not worrying about yesterday or tomorrow. I will trust in God that every will work out according to his plan.
Life is precious, so enjoy it every day. Wente Vineyards wants to know, what is your journey? What has happened on your journey that keeps you happy and inspired every day?