This post brought to you by KRAFT Natural Shredded Cheese and Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
The kids love pizza. It is one of the few things I hated giving up when we had to go gluten free. There are no good options for a frozen pizza dough that is gluten free. We prefer however to make our own and its fun to let the kids craft their own pizzas. I used to have to buy a bag of mozzarella and throw it in a bowl because their hands would knock the bag over and we’d wind up with more on the floor/table than on our pizza. But while at Safeway we found KRAFT Natural Shredded Cheese in a Stand-Up Pouch. This new bag is great because all their little hands can go in to the bag but the bag stays upright for us while we put our cheese on the pizza.
We are away at my parents for the week and we had an event to go to tonight where the kids were going to be eating pizza. I didn’t want ours to be left out so I made our favorite pizza dough and let the kids have at it with their pizza making skills.
GLUTEN FREE KIDS PIZZA
Ingredients for dough:
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 and 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup water
- KRAFT Natural Shredded Mozzarella Cheese-My favorite #StandUpCheese
- Pizza sauce
- Toppings of your choice
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease pizza pan. (I needed a rather large pizza and used a cookie
- Mix dry ingredients in medium sized mixing bowl. Once incorporated
add the water and oil. Stir the mix until it forms into a ball shape
- The dough should be soft and not stick (unlike a lot of gluten free
baking). Knead the dough on a floured surface for around 3-4 minutes
- Roll out the dough and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees
- Add ingredients for your chosen toppings.
- Bake pizza for another 10-15 minutes
- Top with sauce, toppings and KRAFT Natural Shredded Mozzarella
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and brown.
We sliced ours up after it came out of the oven and had at it. Best pizza ever is what the kids proclaimed. I love that they stand up right on their own, have the same 2 cups of cheese in them and best of all they reduce waste with smaller bags. The pizza came out great needless to say. I purchased my KRAFT shredded cheese from Safeway add into that that I can great deals by using the Safeway Just For You program. its a win win!