TV shopping can be quite confusing these days. There are just so many choices out there and they are all top of the line. We’re spoilt for choice be it in size, features (choose plasma, LCD, HD), and even technology (Smart TV and even touchscreen). What we don’t realize is that TVs are fixtures that are very accessible to everyone, including kids, and must be subject to safety standards as well.
The changes in TV, both in weight and volume have been quite numerous in the past 10-15 years that unfortunately, safety standards haven’t caught up. These new flat panel TVs are very unstable and they can easily topple over when they are accidentally bumped, poked, or pulled.
Concerned with the risks involved, SANUS, the leader in conceptualizing and manufacturing of flat TV wall mounts, has worked with Safe Kids Worldwide. They have come up with a wall mount that will keep families safe with their own favorite home entertainment worldwide. Their goal is to prevent the number of injuries and fatalities caused by TVs tipping over through campaigns that will educate consumers about safety.
A TV mounted on the wall gives the home a sleek, modern, and elegant look. On top of that, TVs out of the children’s reach provide for a safer home.
According to a 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report:
- 1 child is killed every 3 weeks because of an unsecured TV
- 1 child visits an ER every 45 minutes from a TV tip-over injury
- 215 fatalities have been caused by a TV tip-over between 2000 and 2011
- Approximately 17,000 people every year, mostly children, have been treated for TV tip-over related injuries
- From 2006 to 2010, there has been a 25% increase in the cases reported, and over the past 10 years, the increase has gone up to 31%
TV Mounting with SANUS is stress-free:
- To ensure level mounting, easy 1-2-3 installation can be done with a wall template.
- Avail of the online video that will demonstrate a walkthrough of the installation.
- No tools at home? No need for that. All required tools and hardware for installation is included in the package.
For more information, like them at the Sanus Facebook page, follow @sanussystem on Twitter, or watch them on Sanus Youtube. You can purchase a Sansus TV wall mount online along with other accessories at www.SANUS.com.
One Cocktails with Mom reader will win a SANUS TV wall mount so they can safely secure their flat screen TV!
Disclosure: As a thank you for sharing this information with my readers, I will also be receiving a TV wall mount such as the one being offered for giveaway. Opinions are all mine.