Autumn is such a beautiful time of year with the changing colors. It’s a time for the weather to cool down, a time to prepare for the coming winter, and a time for being thankful. There are so many fun things you can do as a family during this time of year. Try some of these Family Fall Activities with your family.
Go to pumpkin patch and pick pumpkins rather than buying them at the store.
- Have a contest to see who can pick the biggest, the smallest, the strangest shaped, and the longest stem of the pumpkins.
- Go on a hay ride.
- Grab the family, jump in the car, head to an apple orchard to pick apples.
- Make caramel apples.
- Make homemade applesauce in a crock pot and enjoy the smell. You can find a super, easy recipe here.
- Rake up the leaves, jump in them, and have a leaf fight (friendly of course).
- Have a costume day that’s not on Halloween.
- Go on a scavenger hunt around town in your new car from new car from Kayser Chrysler Center of Watertown looking for Autumn-themed items. You can find all kinds of scavenger hunts on Pinterest.
- Make and decorate the house with Autumn-themed items like leaves, corn cobs, corn stalks, pumpkins, hay bales and such. Many pumpkin farms sell these along with their pumpkins.
- Have a camp out in the backyard and make s’mores either with a fire pit (if you can) or in the house, and then enjoy them outside while telling “campfire” stories.
- Make a Gratitude Tree .
- Make Scarecrow Snack Mix and share with neighbors.
- Try a new recipe like Stuffed Pumpkin Bake.
- Take a fun family photo with a professional. You can use these pictures for your Christmas cards if you’d like.
- If you live where leaves don’t change colors, pick some and paint them yourself. Make a collage.
- Take pictures with this list: Photo Checklist.
- Make Pumpkin Pie Twists.
- Load up the car and go to a high school, college, or professional football game. Be sure to pack weather-appropriate clothing.
- Play Pumpkin Bowling in the yard. Use a medium-sized pumpkin to roll toward the pins.
- On your way to the apple orchard from #4, collect leaves to create a beautiful piece of art.
- Make these Krispies pumpkin treats together.
- Plan and put together a neighborhood fall festival in your backyard. Invite the neighbors.
- Volunteer as a family at a homeless shelter or someplace else that could use your help.
- Take pictures of all the activities you do as a family and create a memory book.
Take time with your family to enjoy doing some fun things together this fall.
What’s your favorite fun family fall activity?