Providing healthy and delicious meals for your family can be hard. Especially when you’ve got soccer practices, ballet lessons and appointments to juggle each week. Busy schedules quickly lead to dinner routines that have us making the same boring meals over and over again.
To get out of the food rut, try adding soy into your family meals. Soy protein, considered by many to be a “super food,” is a high-quality, plant-based protein made from soybeans. It supports healthy growth and development and even supports immune health. And because of it’s unique ability to keep you feeling full longer, it helps maintain a healthy weight.
Morningstar Farms offers soy-based meat alternative products to support a healthy lifestyle. From breakfast sausages to veggie burgers and chik’n patties there’s something for every taste. The Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles are one of our favorites. They’re so versatile and cook up in no time at all. So when MorningStar Farms asked me to create a recipe using one of their products I was all up for it. I was sent a few snack options to try out, each full of soy protein. An A3 Honey Graham S’mores bar as well as one Nogii Kids Chocolate Chip bar. They also sent a coupon for one free MorningStar Farms product which I used to purchase the Grillers recipe Crumbles which was the main ingredient for our Soyburger Pot Pies .
Soy doesn’t have to stop at meat alternatives. There are tons of soy-based snacks your kids will love. A3 and Nogii Kids bars are the perfect way to pack in protein for children (and adults!) with milk, egg or nut allergies. They’ll satisfy your sweet tooth, too, with yummy flavors like chocolate chip and honey graham s’mores. So next time you’re in a food rut, add some soy to your grocery cart.
Continue reading below to see how you can win a Prize Pack packed with soy protein so you can test it for yourself!
Soyburger Pot Pies
Makes 8 mini pot pies
– 12 ounce package Morningstar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes
– ¼ cup chopped onion
– 1 ounce package onion soup mix
– ½ cup milk
– 1 package refrigerated biscuit dough
– ½ + ¼ cup shredded cheese
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-Put cherry tomatoes on baking sheet, top with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tomatoes burst and look wrinkly.
– Sauté onions with olive oil until soft, add Crumbles, onion soup mix, milk and tomatoes.
– Flatten biscuit dough rounds to approx. 5.5” wide. Place in muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
– Add ½ cup shredded cheese to Crumbles mixture.
– Scoop Crumbles mixture into biscuits, making sure edges of dough stick up or over filling.
– Bake for 15 minutes. Use ¼ cup shredded cheese to top each pot pie and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Win a Soy Protein Prize Pack
Prize pack includes:
One coupon for a MorningStar Farms product
One A3 Honey Graham S’mores bar
One Nogii Kids Chocolate Chip bar
- One “Soy Satisfying” Lunch Cooler
Open to US only
Winner will be chosen by random
Giveaway ends 12/1013 at 11:59 CST
Winner will be emailed and must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be selected.
Your entries must follow the rules or they won’t be eligible for prizes.
I received the same prize from DuPont Nutrition and Health who is also supplying the prize for my readers. All opinions are mine.