Top 5 Free Traveling Apps Every Traveler Should Have

Planning your next trip or vacation soon?  If so, here is a list of the top five free apps every traveler should have on their smartphone to reduce stress while traveling.  All of the apps listed listed here are compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

TOP 5 MUST-PACK TRAVELING APPS:

HotelTonight— HotelTonight is an app which allows travelers to make same-day hotel reservations at significantly more competitive rates than on popular travel sites.

best free traveling apps

Clipix— When traveling with a group it’s difficult to make sure that everyone contributes to the traveling plan. Clipix allows travelers to collaborate plans by bookmarking links, information.

best free traveling apps

XE Currency— Bargain shopping abroad can often be tricky with trying to convert currency so use the XE Currency to quickly calculate up-to-date exchange rates.

best free traveling apps

Instagram— Snap, beautify and instantly share photos over Twitter, Facebook or email so that your friends can get updates of your trip in real time.

best free traveling apps

TripIt— Trying to keep vacation details organized can be difficult when keeping track of a number of reservations. TripIt will consolidate all your hotel bookings, car rentals and flight information into one cohesive itinerary.

best free traveling apps

Comments

1. Sheila says:

I am an app freak!! I have more on my phone than I will ever use or need.

Thanks for sharing more that I now need to add.. LOL

2. debra says:

Thanks for sharing some great travel apps. I’ll be checking them out.

3. Great list – Instagram is my fav. It keeps track of where I’ve been and what I’ve done because my brain can’t do it anymore :)

4. Those are really cool. I am always looking for good apps – thanks for the list!

5. Sheri says:

I love TripIt! It’s such a great tool.

6. these are great ideas!

7. Amy says:

Great list!

8. k, I only have instagram, lol. I need to go download some apps

9. Tammy says:

I don’t use apps, but this one sounds like it would be a good one.

10. Kathy says:

Great ideas! Thanks.

11. I’ll have to check out Hotel Tonight.

12. Other than Instragram, I haven’t heard of these. I need to check these out before our next trip!

13. Robin says:

TripIt sounds cool – I have never heard of that one. I will have to check it out.

14. Hunter says:

Thank you for the awesome app suggestions, Dee! I recently got promoted to a position at DISH that requires a ton of travel, and I have been looking for a few good apps to make life in the air a little easier. I have TripIt, but HotelsTonight and XE Currency look like they will be very helpful. I have found that bringing a little piece of home can ease the stress of traveling. I have been using the DISH Remote Access app to watch my Denver local news programs, even when I am on the other side of the world. Sometimes I can’t stream it live due to time differences but I got around that by recording the news to my DVR and watching it later. It would be a great app for your list.

15. nicole dziedzic says:

I love finding and trying new apps. I love my instagram app! The Currency convertor is a great idea for a app, so helpful! Thanks

16. Janet W. says:

Thanks for the app ideas. I”ll have to check these out since we’ll be traveling from GA to CA later this year!