Expressive shorts lately are like the new fashion fever not only in the United States. Famous celebrities like Rihanna, Ke$ha, Solange Knowles and Kylie Jenner has been spotted on different occasions and places wearing these shorts. I am sure you would be excited to get yourself a pair, but these shorts were designed by fashion experts; it is quite expensive for regular people like us. Well worry no more, because we can now personalize our own based on our own likes and taste.
Before anything else, you have to gather the following items:
Old denim pants
1 inch thick Adhesive tape
Fabric paint colors red, blue and white
Follow these steps.
- Cut your pants based on your desired length. Make sure that the color of the pants are either faded blue or light blue so that it is easier to paint.
- Draw stars on the board paper. It does not have to be perfect stars. The size of the stars depends on how big or small you want it to be.
- Cut out the stars by using either a crafting blade scissors.
- After you finish cutting out the stars, place it on the right part of your shorts. Put a small amount of white acrylic paint in the center of the star and then slowly spread it using the brush. You can put as many stars as you want but the lesser yet bigger stars the better because it is more noticeable.
- Put tapes on the left side of the shorts either vertically or horizontally and it should be placed alternatively at exactly one inch apart. The purpose of putting the tape alternatively is to create a striped finish.
- After putting the tape, get the blue paint and with the help of the brush, cover the whole left side of your shorts.
- Once you are done, get the hair blower and blow dry the top part of your shorts for 10 minutes.
- Once the paint is dry, take out the adhesive tape.
- Get the red paint and then cover the part that was not painted.
- Blow dry it again until the paint is dry.
Walla! You now have your own personalized shorts. You can also put stars on the back pockets for additional designs and you can also paint stripe blue and white paint for more artistic design.
Photo courtesy of belladonna2.blogspot.com