9 awesome things to make from a pallet

There’s nothing I love more than a bargain, mix that with crafting and I’m in heaven. A few weeks back we had a pallet delivered with some tiles on and I’ve been trying to decide what to do with it ever since. I’ve seen so many awesome up-cycles that I really can’t decide, but perhaps you can help me?

Headboard by French by Design

Coffee table by Caisak

Swing by Weekly Wanderings

Pet bed by Home-Frosting

Picket fence by Serendipity and Sun

Planter from Instructables

Bookcase by Over the big moon

Wall art by  Blue Eyed Yonder

Door mat by Martha Stewart

Ahh, I could go on forever. Take a look on Pinterest if you want to find some more ideas but be warned, you’ll be on there for hours!

Pallets are pretty easy to get hold of for little or no cost, just ask your local builder’s merchant or hardware store to keep one back. Let me know what you try!

Vicki is a self professed Earl Grey drinker, lover of all things foody, relishes a bargain, and complete geek.  Please help me in welcoming her and be on the lookout for more great posts.

Comments

1. Christine W says:

I love the doormat! I am kicking myself now bc I saw a pallet someone was getting rid of but couldn’t think of something to make with it so I left it :(

• Vicki says:

Oh no! Time to get hunting down another one. Tile shops tend to get rid of them quite often, sometimes they even have to pay to have them disposed! You’d be saving it from landfill :)

2. Dee says:

Great post Vicki. I am so loving the doormat idea and never thought a pallet could be used for so many different things. I need to start thinking outside of the box. So glad to have you on board.

3. oooh, no I have inspiration for another project. I’m on my way to pick up old shutter doors now to hand as a decorative piece in the kitchen. Next on my list is a pallet.

• Vicki says:

I’ve seen some awesome shutter door tutorials. My fave was one made in to a memo board! Will you blog about it?

4. Oh, I love these! I really like the dog bed…Buddy needs a new bed.

• Vicki says:

I want to make pallet everything! A dogs bed would be really cool though, there’s a few other cute examples on Pinterest for pet beds too. Oh and I’m now following you on Twitter Lindsay :)

5. Vicki says:

Glad to join you! Wondering how to change my photo on here, at the moment I’m a grumpy looking triangle!

6. Tammy says:

I love the swing.

7. This is so awesome. I was just thinking how I wanted to make something out of a pallet.

8. Such fun ideas! I think my favorite is the welcome mat. :D

9. debra says:

These are lovely creative ideas! Love the welcome mat!

10. Those are all SUCH cute ideas! My fiancee has tons of pallets at work- I may have to try one of those!

• Vicki says:

I bet you could kit a full house out with pallet furniture!

11. Sheri says:

Great ideas!

12. How creative! The last place I lived had a lot of pallets taking up space in the backyard, I wish I’d seen this back then!

13. What cool ideas! I love the pallet turned into a dog bed!

14. I love the swing on the deck and the bed! So pretty. I’ve seen a toddler bed that I’m really interested in making one day!

15. Maggie says:

I love love love the door mat!

16. Kathy says:

I wanted to make some raised garden beds this past spring. This is a great idea for them!

17. Love it – hubby not so impressed ’cause he knows he’d have to do all the work ;-)

18. Sara says:

These make me wish I was creative!

19. Those are cute. I’ll have to try some diy projects.

20. Robin says:

Wow – those are really good ideas.